Monday, June 30, 2008

Camille Pissarro paintings

Camille Pissarro paintings
Carl Fredrik Aagard paintings
Tell me about the three Indians you have had at the house today,' says Mr. Franklin, without noticing my question. `It's just possible, Betteredge, that my stranger and your three jugglers may turn out to be pieces of the same puzzle.'
`How do you come to know about the jugglers, sir?' I asked, putting one question on the top of another, which was bad manners, I own. But you don't expect much from poor human nature--so don't expect much from me.
`I saw Penelope at the house,' says Mr. Franklin; `and Penelope told me. Your daughter promised to be a pretty girl, Betteredge, and she has kept her promise. Penelope has got a small ear and a small foot. Did the late Mrs. Betteredge possess those inestimable advantages?'
`The late Mrs. Betteredge possessed a good many defects, sir,' says I. `One of them (if you will pardon my mentioning it) was never keeping to the matter in hand. She was more like a fly than a woman: she couldn't settle on anything.'
`She would just have suited me,' says Mr. Franklin. `I never settle on anything either. Betteredge

No comments: