Sunday, July 6, 2008

Albert Bierstadt Westphalian Landscape painting

Albert Bierstadt Westphalian Landscape painting
Albert Bierstadt California Coast painting
But we may as well speak plainly. I'm poor -- Pris is poor -- Stella Maynard is poor -- our housekeeping will have to be very simple and our table plain. You'd have to live as we would. Now, you are rich and your boardinghouse fare attests the fact."
"Oh, what do I care for that?" demanded Phil tragically. "Better a dinner of herbs where your chums are than a stalled ox in a lonely boardinghouse. Don't think I'm ALL stomach, girls. I'll be willing to live on bread and water -- with just a LEETLE jam -- if you'll let me come."
"And then," continued Anne, "there will be a good deal of work to be done. Stella's aunt can't do it all. We all expect to have our chores to do. Now, you -- "
"Toil not, neither do I spin," finished Philippa. "But I'll learn to do things. You'll only have

No comments: