Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Leonardo da Vinci The Last Supper painting

Leonardo da Vinci The Last Supper painting
Gustav Klimt Klimt Sappho painting
Oh, it isn't in the least extraordinary that I should be getting myself and other people into scrapes," said Anne mournfully. "I'm noted for that. You might suppose I'd have grown out of it by this time. . .I'll be seventeen next March. . .but it seems that I haven't. Mr. Harrison, is it too much to hope that you'll forgive me? I'm afraid it's too late to get your cow back, but here is the money for her. . .or you can have mine in exchange if you'd rather. She's a very good cow. And I can't express how sorry I am for it all."
"Tut, tut," said Mr. Harrison briskly, "don't say another word about it, miss. It's of no consequence. . .no consequence whatever. Accidents will happen. I'm too hasty myself sometimes, miss. . . far too hasty. But I can't help speaking out just what I think and folks must take me as they find me. If that cow had been in my cabbages now. . .but never mind, she wasn't, so it's all right. I think I'd rather have your cow in exchange, since you want to be rid of her."
"Oh, thank you, Mr. Harrison. I'm so glad you are not vexed. I was afraid you would

No comments: