Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tamara de Lempicka Portrait of Madame painting

Tamara de Lempicka Portrait of Madame paintingEric Wallis Girls at the Beach paintingVincent van Gogh Starry Night over the Rhone painting
inspiration of the moment, it gave me an unexpected stir of pleasure to pronounce.
Max laughed. "So what should I call you?" He reminded me that none of us knew what my proper family-name was, but he saw no reason why I shouldn't get by without one for the present. If in the meanwhile I desired a new given-name, he'd be glad to help me choose one. The goats, I knew, were named by a strict genealogical procedure, but I had no idea how humans went about their own nomination.
"Well, the Moishians anyhow," Max said, "they call their sons by the last man that died in the family, so his name don't die too." He said this lightly, but it turned our thoughts together to my dead friend, inasmuch as in goatdom we all had been brothers.
"You want to be a Tommy, boy?"
I shook my head: the burden were too painful -- and besides, noble Tom had been after all. . . a goat. For similar cause I rejectedMax III , after my keeper's father: however dignified, even dynastic, the air of such numerals in studentdom, to my mind they still suggested prize livestock.

No comments: