Friday, August 22, 2008

Thomas Kinkade HOMETOWN MORNING painting

Thomas Kinkade HOMETOWN MORNING paintingThomas Kinkade HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS paintingWinslow Homer The Houses of Parliament painting
I saw his point: it was not a disgrace that I had no notion how to reach New Tammany and only the vaguest of what was mine there. On the contrary, neither Laertides nor any other of the wandering researchers could have completed their field-projects without special counselling. I wanted an advisor, that was all; todo the hero-assignment was my function, not to choose it. . .
"Or even to understand it," Max added when I made this point. "Look at Dean Arthur and Excelsior, his magic quill: do you think he knewwhy it always wrote the right answers? He should care!"
Yet one doubt remained to me: I could not recall that Sakhyan or Maios or Enos Enoch had needed the service of a guidance counselor. Did what applied to wandering researchers apply as well to Grand Tutors? But to my query Max replied at once, "It depends! Take in the New Syllabus where Enos Enoch cures the crazies; you know why He did it?"
"Well, He wanted the poor undergraduates to get on with their studies, and I don't suppose there was any Psych Clinic in those days."

No comments: