Friday, October 17, 2008

Gustave Courbet The Origin of the World painting

Gustave Courbet The Origin of the World paintingGustave Courbet Plage de Normandie paintingThomas Kinkade HOMETOWN MORNING painting
laughed! Then he bellowed: 'And isn't it true, though Pompey says it? Deny it if you can, you damned fornicating dogs, you!' And he flung the half-radish at them. And the roar that went up! Never were there soldiers like Caesar's. Do you remember the song they sang at his French triumph?
we bring the bald whore-monger, Romans, lock your wives away.'" "The truth, boy! Have you ever caught him out in any historical inaccuracies? You seem to be a fellow who reads a good deal." "I would rather not venture…" "Out with it. There must be something." So I said: "There
Livy said. "Pollio, my dear fellow, we were not discussing Caesar's morals, but the proper way to write history."
Pollio said. "Yes, that's right. Our intelligent young friend was criticizing your method, under the respectful disguise of praising your readability. Boy, have you any further charges to bring against the noble Livy?"
I said: "Please, sir, don't make me blush. I admire Livy's work greatly."

No comments: