Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jack Vettriano Model in White

Jack Vettriano Model in WhiteJack Vettriano Model in White 1993Jack Vettriano Model in Westwood
Oh nothing, I'm sorry," said Arthur in embarrassment. "Alright, where do we go?" "In my aircar," said the old man motioning Arthur to get into the craft which had settled silently next to them. "We are going deep into the bowels of the planet where even now our race is being revived from its five-million-year slumber. Magrathea awakes." Arthur shivered involuntarily as he seated himself next to the old man. The strangeness of it, the silent bobbing movement of the craft as it soared into the night sky quite unsettled him. He looked at the old man, his face illuminated by the dull glow of tiny lights on the instrument panel. "Excuse me," he said to him, "what is your name by the way?" "My name?" said the old man, and the same distant sadness came into his face again. He paused. "My name," he said, "... is Slartibartfast." Arthur practically choked. "I beg your pardon?" he spluttered. "Slartibartfast," repeated the old man quietly. "Slartibartfast?" The old man looked at him gravely. "I said it wasn't important," he said. The aircar sailed through the night.

No comments: