Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Maxfield Parrish daybreak

Maxfield Parrish daybreakCassius Marcellus Coolidge Dogs Playing PokerJacques-Louis David Napoleon crossing the Alps
You're going to have to tie my bandage again," he said to Lyra. "I don't care how tight you make it as long as it stops the bleeding."
She tore up a sheet and wrapped it around and around, clamping it down over the wounds as tight as she could. He gritted his teeth, but he couldn't help the tears. He brushed them away without a word, and she said nothing.
When she'd crouched in the lane that ran along beside the tree-shaded shrubbery in Sir the Cittagazze side, they were in a grassy park surrounding a classical villa that gleamed white in the moonlight. They'd taken a long time to get to Sir Charles's house, moving mainly in Cittagazze, with frequent stops to cut through finished, he said, "Thank you." Then he said, "Listen. I want you to take something in your rucksack for me, in case we can't come back here. It's only letters. You can read them if you want."He went to the bedroom, took out the green leather , and handed her the sheets of airmail paper."I won't read them unless—""I don't mind. Else I wouldn't have said."She folded up the letters, and he lay on the bed, pushed the cat aside, and fell asleep. Much later that night, Will and Lyra

No comments: