Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vincent van Gogh Houses at Auvers

Vincent van Gogh Houses at AuversVincent van Gogh Tree trunksVincent van Gogh Stairway at AuversVincent van Gogh Souvenir de MauveVincent van Gogh Peach Tree in Bloom
kind of dreams?’ said Victor.
‘It’s bloody embarrassing,’ said Gaspode. ‘Like, in one there’s this bridge that’s been washed away and I have to run and bark a warning, right? And there’s another where this house is on fire and I drag these kids out. And there’s one where some kids are lost in these caves and I find ‘em and go and lead the search party to
A little twig fire burned on the slope of Holy Wood Hill. Victor had lit it because - well, because it was reassuring. Because it was the sort of thing humans did.
He found it necessary to remember he was human, and them . . . and I hates kids. Seems I can’t get me ‘ead down these days without rescuin’ people or savin’ people or foilin’ robbers or sunnink. I mean, I’m seven years old, I got hardpad, I got scurf, I got fleas somethin’ dreadful, I don’t need to be a ‘ero every time I go to sleep.’ ‘Gosh. Isn’t life interesting,’ said Victor, ‘when you see it from someone else’s perspective . . . ?’ Gaspode rolled a crusted yellow eye skyward. ‘Er. Where are we going?’ said Victor. ‘We’re goin’ to see a few Holy Wood folk,’ said Gaspode. ‘ ‘Cos there’s something weird goin’ on.’ ‘Up on the hill? I didn’t know there were any people on the hill.’ ‘They ain’t people,’ said Gaspode.

No comments: