Monday, April 20, 2009

Mark Spain Timeless Beauty

Mark Spain Timeless BeautyMark Spain The Pink DressMark Spain SevillaMark Spain Reflection
106
I.ORQ6 ftffQ LftQf£6
until she promised to tell me everything she knew. Hah.
That took her a week and I had the afternoons free.”
“You mean in two forms, depending on the age of the wizard. Older wizards talk about candles, circles, planets, stars, bananas, chants, runes, and the importance of having at least four good meals every day. Younger wizards, particularly the pale ones who spend most of their time in the High Energy Magic building,* chatter at length about fluxes in the morphic nature of the universe, the essentially impermanent quality of even the most apparently rigid time-space framework, the implausi-bility of reality, and so on: what this means is that they have got hold of something hot and are gabbling the physics as they go along ...
It was almost midnight. Diamanda ran up the hill toward the Dancersyou weren’t Chosen?”“Me? No. I chose,” said Granny. The face she turned to Nanny Ogg was one she wouldn’t forget in a hurry, although she might try. “I chose, Gytha Ogg. And I want that you should know this right now. Whatever happens. I ain’t never regretted anything. Never regretted one single thing. Right?”“If you say so, Esme.”What is magic?There is the wizards’ explanation, which comes

No comments: