Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fra Angelico paintings

Fra Angelico paintings
Frederic Edwin Church paintings
MAMMIE: Don't you worry your pretty head about Miss Melanie, child. I done slapped her in bed already along with the baby.SCARLETT: You better put that cow I brought into the barn, Paul.SERVANT: There ain't no barn. MAMMIE: Don't you worry your pretty head about Miss Melanie,child. I done slapped her in bed already along with the baby.SCARLETT: You better put that cow I brought into the barn, Paul.SERVANT: There ain't no barn no more, Miss Scarlett. The Yankees done burned it to firewood. MAMMIE: They used the house for their headquarters Miss Scarlett.SERVANT: They camped all around the place. SCARLETT: Yankees in Tara?MAMMIE: Yes,I'm. And they stole almost everything they didn't burn. All the clothes, and all the rugs, and even Miss Ellen's rosaries.SCARLETT: I'm starving, Paul. Get me something to eat. MAMMIE: There ain't nothing to eat honey. They took it all.SCARLETT: All the chickens, everything? SERVANT: They took them the first day. And what they didn't eat they carried off across their saddles.

No comments: