Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cassius Marcellus Coolidge A Friend in Need painting

Cassius Marcellus Coolidge A Friend in Need paintingEdvard Munch Puberty 1894 paintingEdvard Munch Madonna painting
Get out of here!" Dr. Sear cried, hurrying towards us. "I'm examining a patient, for Founder's sake!"
The guards apologized but pled the unusual nature of the situation -- no more able than I to turn their eyes from the startling screen. The hand and voice there quit now; the pelvis turned away, and from a curtained stall behind the machine emerged a woman -- middle-aged, untransparent -- tying a white-cotton gown about her waist.
"Crashed through the Turnstile," the guard not named Jake was explaining. "Some kind of nut. You better handle him. . ."
"Just wait outside!" Dr. Sear said crossly. He frowned at my nakedness as he herded them doorwards, and was too discomposed to return my greeting or even acknowledge yet that he knew me. But the woman's eyes unsquinted now, and crowing, "It's the Goat-Boy, Kennard!" she lurched in my direction. I recognized then the puff-eyed brittle face of Hedwig Sear, who had so relished mating me with Anastasia in the Living Room.
"Georgiedarling!" But she stumbled into a chair-arm and thence into its seat, her legs immodestly sprawled; something seemed wrong with her balance. We looked on astonished.

No comments: