Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Edward Hopper Two on the Aisle painting

Edward Hopper Two on the Aisle paintingEdward Hopper Bridle Path paintingAlphonse Maria Mucha Savonnerie de Bagnolet painting
course."
I coughed on my beer. "WESCAC?"
"Certainly." He was sorry, he said coolly, that he could not second my own claim to that distinction -- how he knew of it I couldn't imagine. He granted that in many respects my history paralled that of the Grand-Tutorial Ideal as abstracted by WESCAC, and if I had happened to be Virginia Hector's son by the GILES, there could be little doubt of my authenticity. But seeing I was not, the best he could say for Max was that my keeper -- in his isolation, bitterness, and advancing years -- had gone soft-headed and groomed me for some preposterous scheme of redress. Max being in his opinion incapable of sustained deception -- other than self-deception -- Eierkopf concluded that in all likelihood Max really believed me to be a Grand Tutor, and would even more so if he knew of the GILES incident.
"But don't forget," he said, "you have only Spielman's word for it that you came from the Tower Hall tapelift, for example. I remember hearing stories about a crazySchwarzer finding a baby, but Max could have made up those stories -- so could theSchwarzer have -- or you might not be the same child." He smiled. "Or you might have been EATen yourself,ja ?"

No comments: