Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bartolome Esteban Murillo paintings

Bartolome Esteban Murillo paintings
Berthe Morisot paintings
childe hassam paintings
suspicion that kindergarteners were neither innocent nor simple except to sentimental eyes; only ingenuous, as Greene had been, was yet, and doubtless ever would be.
Max rolled his eyes. "You said that right."
Greene squinted. "You're pulling my leg, George. Not that I don't have it coming, 'As-ye-sow'wise."
I assured him of my sincerity, though in fact I used a small lie to make my point. Didn't he know, I asked him, that his acne had actually been clearing up before he overcame his thing-about-mirrors? "When yousaw your own pimples you started squeezing them all the time" -- so much was true -- "and that made more of them. Even so they're not as bad as you think; you see the spots on the mirror as spots on your face."
This unpleasant argument impressed him; he would clean Sear's mirror and make a count. But I insisted he have no more to do either with mirrors or with Kennard Sear, should that unfortunate man survive.
"I don't get you," Greene protested. "You told me your own self --"
"Never mind what I told you. I was wrong." Of two false arguments that came to mind then, I chose one and was pleased to see Greene supply the other himself.
"Suppose a man's nearsighted," I said. "Things two meters off will be twice as

No comments: