Monday, September 15, 2008

Marc Chagall Marc Chagall La Mariee painting

Marc Chagall Marc Chagall La Mariee paintingPaul Gauguin The Yellow Christ paintingPaul Gauguin The Vision After the Sermon painting
gimped on, around to the Library entrance, followed by a small but growing throng. The figures in the Belfry disappeared.
"Flunk it all, listen here!" Stoker yelled, throttling up beside me. "Do you think she'd be up there if I hadn't ordered her to go? I arranged it!"
I smiled.
"Call me a cuckold!" Stoker challenged. "You can bet I have my reasons!" His tone grew more fretful as we came near the Library door. "But that doesn't giveyou permission, Goat-Boy! You're staying right here!"
I positily grinned at him, whereupon his voice at once turned guileful.
"How about Maxie? We could still spring him, if we work fast. . ." He raced his engine angrily. "Some Grand Tutorl You want her yourself!"
The students cheered. I motioned Stoker with my stick to get behind me; he was obliged in any case to do so, or leave his vehicle, as we'd arrived at the Library steps.
"Keep your hands off my wife!" he cried, heedless of bystanders -- who seemed anyhow to assume that he was as usual playing a part. "If you even touch her without my say-so, I'll fix you both!"

No comments: