Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Thomas Kinkade spirit of xmas painting

Thomas Kinkade spirit of xmas paintingThomas Kinkade Serenity Cove paintingThomas Kinkade San Francisco Lombard Street painting
Lots of the chaps there use a different name. I expect it’s the same at your club.”
“I shouldn’t be surprised,” I said.
I paid the taxi. Atwater kicked open a green door and led me into the hall where a porter, behind the counter, was lunching off tea and sandwiches.
“I’ve been out of town,” said Atwater. “Just dropped in to pay my subscription. Anyone about?”
“Very quiet,” said the porter.
The room into which he led me was entirely empty. It was at once bar, lounge and dining room, but mostly bar, for which a kind of film-set had been erected, built far into the room, with oak rafters, a thatched roof, a wrought iron lantern and an inn-sign painted in mock heraldry with quartered bottles and tankards. “Please don’t take this wrong,” I said, “but I’m really interested to know what was the resemblance you saw between your club and the room where we talked in mine?”
“You can’t compare them really, can you? I just didn’t want to seem snooty. Jim!”
“Sir.” A head appeared above the bar. “Well, Mr. Norton, we haven’t

No comments: