Sunday, July 13, 2008

Henri Fantin-Latour paintings

Henri Fantin-Latour paintings
Horace Vernet paintings
Chapter 8 Raising of the Tax(Wilkenson, Mr. O'Hara's ex-overseer, comes to Tara with his newly-married wife. They intend to buy Tara, for they know the "turbulence Tara now is in.) SCARLETT: Why, Emmy Sladdly EMMY SLADDLY: Yes'm, it's me. SCARLETT: Stop!WILKENSON: You haven't forgotten your old overseer, have you? Huh? Well, Emmy is Mrs. Wilkenson now... SCARLETT: Get off those steps, you trashy wench. Get off this land!WILKENSON: You can't speak that way to my wife. SCARLETT: Why? High time you made her your wife. Who baptized your other brats after you killed my mother? WILKENSON: We came out here to pay a call. A friendly call, and talk a little business with old friends. SCARLETT: Friends. When were we ever friends with the likes of you?WILKENSON: Still high and mighty ain't you? Well, I know all about you. I know your father's turned idiot. You can't pay your taxes. And I come out to offer to buy the place from you. To make you a right

No comments: